Are you a musician, singer or composer of opera, vocal or chamber-scale music?
Would you like to do something positive during Covid-19 to connect and make music with your local community in Wales?
Can you think of a new project you could set up and deliver with a
community group in your local area?
If you have answered yes to all 3 questions, please read on!
Mid Wales Opera and Ensemble Cymru want to support performers and composers to work with communities and create projects that…
- can happen between November 2020 and end of March 2021 whilst being compliant with shifting Covid-19 regulations
- initiate a genuine musical / community project rooted in local people, history, landscape or culture
- will create a hybrid-style performance both live and digital
- allow a community in Wales or part of to make a connection with opera or chamber music
What we can offer you…
- between £500 and £5,000 to cover total project costs
- advice on performance and technical aspects of the work
- help with all areas of marketing
If you have an idea, please…
tell us BRIEFLY about your idea – in Welsh or English – either in 300 written words or in a 2 minute recording, including:
- your name and contact details
- what your idea is
- where your community is
- why you want to do the project / the inspiration for the idea
- who it involves and how
- what it would cost
Ideas should reach us by 5pm on Friday November 6th email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then tell you by Friday November 13th if we want you to work with us and develop a project to submit to the second stage, which will involve sending us more details.
Read more about Cerddoriaeth eich Milltir Sgwar / Music at Your Place, a joint Mid Wales Opera/Ensemble Cymru project developed in response to COVID-19.